Certificate and Degree Application Requirements
To be considered for admission to a certificate or degree program, you must be a born-again Christian, active in the life of an evangelical Protestant church, and you must be a high school or GED graduate. If you are presently a high school junior or senior, please complete the non-degree application. In addition, you must also submit the following items for consideration:
- Application for Admission
Complete the online application in its entirety and pay the nonrefundable $35 application fee. You may continue working on an online application already in progress.
Doctrinal Qualification for Students
To be admitted and to graduate, students must personally adhere to and support the Doctrinal Qualifications for Students located inside the online application.
- Autobiographical Sketch
It is our aim to get to know you as well as possible through this part of the application process. With this in mind, we hope that you will respond to the questions candidly. Please limit your responses to 500 words or less for each essay. Feel free to write your essay in any text editor, then copy and paste the text in essay box located inside the application.
- Pastoral Reference
You are required to submit the Pastoral Reference Form. If your church is without a pastor, or if your pastor is a close relative, this form may be given to a former pastor, a minister friend, or a church official. This individual must be someone who has known you for at least one year and has had opportunity to observe your life closely.
Pastor Reference Form - Prior to giving this form to your reference, please complete the following:
- Write your name at the top of the reference form.
- Read the Instructions to the Student. Sign the waiver, if you choose.
- Remind your reference that the form should be sent directly to the admissions office in a sealed envelope with his or her signature across the seal. Along with the reference form, provide your reference with a stamped envelope addressed to the address at the bottom of this page. You may also have your reference fax the form to the Admissions Office at (312) 329-8955.
- Official transcripts are required from your high school and ALL other educational institutions attended. However, if you have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, you are not required to submit your high school transcript. Please contact the educational institution to send official transcripts directly to Moody Bible Institute.
- For those who have taken the General Education Development (GED) test, please have the official record of your scores received mailed to us by the testing agency, along with a transcript of any work actually completed in high school.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
This test must be taken by all international applicants from countries where English is not the official language. A minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (Internet based) is required for admission.
- Home School Students
The Institute recognizes home schooling as a viable educational alternative and welcomes applications from qualified home schooled students. Please submit an official transcript or a GED.
Filling out the Online Application
As you go through the application you will complete questions from several different sections. You do not have to complete the form in one sitting. You can save your work at any time and come back to it later in order to fill it out completely.
- Use the Next Page and Previous Page buttons to navigate forwards or backwards through the pages of the application.
- Use the Save button to save what you have done so far without exiting.
- Use the Sign Out button to save your work and leave your application to continue it at a later time.
- Use the Magnifying Glass Icon to look up specific information needed for that field. Please take note that the search fields are case sensitive.
Please send all materials to:
Moody Bible Institute
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
Back to Top