ESL Ministry Conference 2013
Welcome to our 8th annual ESL Ministry Conference! This year’s conference will be held at the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College on Saturday, April 13, 2013. Our theme this year is “Teaching ESL with Integrity and Effectiveness.” Once again,the conference will include a plenary address by a leading ESL professional and over a dozen practical workshops divided into three tracks: Professional, Volunteer and Ministry.
The conference workshops will feature veteran ESL teachers and professors who will address a broad range of topics:
- Effective Lesson Planning
- Teaching in a Multilevel Classroom
- Principles for Effective Interaction
- Technology for ESL Teaching
- Teaching Basic Literacy
- Activities for Teaching Vocabulary
- One-to-one Tutoring Relationships
- Understanding the Cultural and Social Issues of Immigrants
- Integrating a Christian Worldview into English Instruction
- Working with Asian Students
- Teaching Latin American Students
Keep your eye on this website! It will be updated periodically with registration and workshop information as it becomes available.