The Moody Difference
Your Moody education begins in the Word. No matter what major you’re in, you’ll spend more time studying the Bible than any other book. Learn to pull truth from the page. Take your education beyond the walls of the classroom. Your intense academic study comes alive through strategic volunteer opportunities, as you make the leap from learning the Word to living it while you do ministry.
At Moody ministry and career is a single focus. We train men and women to make serving Christ their lifelong pursuit, no matter where He calls them. It's the marriage of higher learning and a higher calling.
Learn More About Our Educational Distinctives
Learn the principles that will define your experience as a Moody student.
See how you can learn outside the classroom with missions trips, study tours, internships, and other experiences.
Mission and Vision
The schools of Moody Bible Institute, Moody Theological Seminary, and Moody Bible Institute Online are called to the following mission and vision:
Mission and Goal of Moody Bible Institute
As a higher education and media ministry, Moody exists to equip people with the truth of God's Word to be maturing followers of Christ who are making disciples around the world.
To educate students to think biblically, live Christianly, serve the Church effectively.
Across the globe, cultures, and generations Moody will equip people with the truth of God's Word using new technology in an agile and innovative community.
Profile of a Moody Graduate
In keeping with our mission, our intent is to graduate students who have developed a biblical worldview that enables them to be productive in building Christ's church worldwide. Graduates of Moody Bible Institute will be noted for their commitment to:
- The Preeminence of Christ as evidenced through maturing lifestyles that reflect continuing submission to the Lordship of Christ
- The Authority of the Scriptures as demonstrated by a knowledge of the Bible and theology, and the ability to interpret, apply and integrate the inerrant Scriptures in all of life consistent with an orthodox, evangelical tradition
- The Centrality of the Church as evidenced by service to the church of Jesus Christ through the use of ministry and vocational skills, spiritual gifts, and natural talents
- The Task of World Evangelization as exhibited in a passion for the proclamation of the unique message of the gospel to the lost world
- The Healthy Development of Relationships as evidenced in interpersonal, family, church and social relationships that affirm the dignity of the individual and show sensitivity to diverse cultures and communities
- The Pursuit of Intellectual Excellence as evidenced by analytical and creative thinking (formulation of a Christian worldview), lifelong development of vocational skills, clear expression of ideas, and appreciation of aesthetic values
- The Stewardship of the Body and Life Resources as demonstrated in the practice of a healthy physical lifestyle and the wise management of the resources God has given.