Dr. Elizabeth Skjoldal
School:Graduate/Seminary in Chicago
Start Date:July 2022
Dr. Skjoldal is a psychologist and professor with over 30 years of licensed experience. She was born in Cuba, and one of her primary areas of interest is multi-cultural counseling, cultural humility, and the provision of counseling to underserved populations. Another area of clinical interest for her is psychological treatment of chronic illinesses such as cancer. Dr. Skjoldal is a wife and mother of two young adult daughters, and has enjoyed serving and teaching Sunday school in bilingual churches for most of her life.
BS, Florida Southern College
MS Ed, University of Miami
PhD, University of Miami
- Voices of Moody Lectureship, Cultural Humility in the Training of Counselors: a Christian Perspective
- Cultural Humility and working with Latinx Clients: A Christian Opportunity.
- Psychological Care of Cancer Patients
- Achieving and Maintaining Ethnic Diversity in Theological Education.
- Workshop on Issues in Counseling Hispanics.
- The Ministry of Reconciliation.
- Integration of Faith and Learning.
- Psychological Factors in the Treatment of Chronic Pain.
- Physical and Sexual Abuse in Chronic Pain.
- Chronic Pain Treatment a Multi-disciplinary Approach.
Professional / Personal Interests:
Dr. Skjoldal enjoys teaching middle school Sunday school classes, serving in youth group, spending time with her husband, and watching Miami sports teams, primarily the Heat, Hurricanes, and Dolphins. Dr Skjoldal is also the Director of the MTS Counseling Center which provides counseling to the community and training for students of the CMHC Program.