School:Graduate/Seminary in Chicago
BA, Michigan State University
ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
DMin, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
• “Preparing Yourself to Preach,” in The Moody Handbook of Preaching, Moody, 2008.
• The Use of Classical Spiritual Disciplines in Evangelical Devotional Life. Wipf and Stock, 2008.
• “Micah,” in The Moody Bible Commentary, 2013.
• “Revelation,” in The Moody Bible Commentary, 2013.
• “The Rape of Dinah in Genesis 34: An Exegetical, Theological, and Pastoral Consideration of Sexual Abuse and Its Impact on the People of God,” in The Journal of Theology and Ministry 16, no.21 (fall 2012) 63-85.
• “Robert Alter and the Apostle Luke: Finding the Big Idea in Lucan Narratives by Examining Direct Discourse,” in The Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society, Spring, 2014, 14-31.
• “The Rape of Dinah in Genesis 34: An Exegetical, Theological, and Pastoral Consideration of Sexual Abuse and Its Impact on the People of God.” Presented at the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, November 2011.
• “Robert Alter and the Apostle Luke: Finding the Big Idea in Lucan Narratives by Examining Direct Discourse.” Presented at the annual meeting of the Evangelical Homiletics Society, October 2013.
Prior to joining the Moody Theological Seminary faculty, Dr. Green served in pastoral ministry for 17 years in two Central Illinois churches. Since coming to Moody Graduate School, he has also served four churches as interim preaching pastor. His passions include preaching in local churches and teaching in the areas of homiletics, biblical theology and spiritual formation. He has also taught short-term courses at Asian Theological Seminary in Manila, Philippines; Evangelical Bible College in Capetown, South Africa; Union Bible Institute, Hilton, South Africa; and Sydney Institute of Biblical Studies, Sydney, Australia.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Evangelical Homiletics Society
Playing basketball, working out, and following Michigan State Spartan football and basketball.