- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
Title: Professor of Theology
Start Date: August 2002
BS, University of Tennessee
ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
PhD, University of Virginia
- The Conqueror. Wheaton: Crossway, forthcoming 2018.
- After Acts: Exploring the Lives and Legends of the Apostles. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015.
- Early Christian Martyr Stories: An Evangelical Introduction with New Translations. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2014.
- The Kingdom: A Novel (Chiveis Trilogy). Wheaton: Crossway, 2012.
- The Gift: A Novel (Chiveis Trilogy). Wheaton: Crossway, 2011.
- The Sword: A Novel (Chiveis Trilogy). Wheaton: Crossway, 2010.
- Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction. Grand Rapids: Brazos, 2007.
- "The Rule of Faith in Augustine." Pro Ecclesia (Winter 2005).
- "Tertullian's Exegetical Use of the Regula Fidei as an Interpretive Device in Adversus Marcionem." Studia Patristica (2006).
- "Proclaiming Jesus in a Hostile World: The Lordship of Christ as Bold Confession." In Proclaiming Jesus: Essays on the Centrality of Christ in the Church in Honor of Joseph M. Stowell, ed. Thomas H. L. Cornman. Chicago: Moody, 2007.
- “Origen” in Shapers of Orthodox Theology: Thinking Theologically with the Ancient and Medieval Theologians, ed. Brad Green. InterVarsity Press UK, 2010.
- “Learning from Patristic Use of Scripture and the Rule of Faith,” in The Contemporary Church and the Early Church: Case Studies in Ressourcement ed. Paul A. Hartog, ETS Monograph Series. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2010.
- “A Response to D. Jeffrey Bingham,” in Evangelicals and the Early Church: Recovery, Reform, Renewal, ed. G. Kalantzis and A. Tooley. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2011.
- “Eusebius on Constantine: Truth and Hagiography at the Milvian Bridge,” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 55/4 (2012): 773–92.
- “Epilogue,” in Rethinking Constantine: History, Theology, and Legacy, ed. Edward L. Smither. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2014.
- “Apostolic Tradition and the Rule of Faith in Light of the Bauer Thesis,” in Orthodoxy and Heresy in Early Christian Contexts: Reconsidering the Bauer Thesis, ed. Paul A. Hartog. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2015, 141-165.
- “The Doctrine of the Future in Origen and Athanasius,” in Eschatology: Biblical, Historical, and Practical Approaches Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2016.