- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
Title: Professor of Theology
Start Date: August 2002
BS, University of Tennessee
ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
PhD, University of Virginia
- The Conqueror. Wheaton: Crossway, forthcoming 2018.
- After Acts: Exploring the Lives and Legends of the Apostles. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2015.
- Early Christian Martyr Stories: An Evangelical Introduction with New Translations. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2014.
- The Kingdom: A Novel (Chiveis Trilogy). Wheaton: Crossway, 2012.
- The Gift: A Novel (Chiveis Trilogy). Wheaton: Crossway, 2011.
- The Sword: A Novel (Chiveis Trilogy). Wheaton: Crossway, 2010.
- Getting to Know the Church Fathers: An Evangelical Introduction. Grand Rapids: Brazos, 2007.
- "The Rule of Faith in Augustine." Pro Ecclesia (Winter 2005).
- "Tertullian's Exegetical Use of the Regula Fidei as an Interpretive Device in Adversus Marcionem." Studia Patristica (2006).
- "Proclaiming Jesus in a Hostile World: The Lordship of Christ as Bold Confession." In Proclaiming Jesus: Essays on the Centrality of Christ in the Church in Honor of Joseph M. Stowell, ed. Thomas H. L. Cornman. Chicago: Moody, 2007.
- “Origen” in Shapers of Orthodox Theology: Thinking Theologically with the Ancient and Medieval Theologians, ed. Brad Green. InterVarsity Press UK, 2010.
- “Learning from Patristic Use of Scripture and the Rule of Faith,” in The Contemporary Church and the Early Church: Case Studies in Ressourcement ed. Paul A. Hartog, ETS Monograph Series. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2010.
- “A Response to D. Jeffrey Bingham,” in Evangelicals and the Early Church: Recovery, Reform, Renewal, ed. G. Kalantzis and A. Tooley. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2011.
- “Eusebius on Constantine: Truth and Hagiography at the Milvian Bridge,” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 55/4 (2012): 773–92.
- “Epilogue,” in Rethinking Constantine: History, Theology, and Legacy, ed. Edward L. Smither. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2014.
- “Apostolic Tradition and the Rule of Faith in Light of the Bauer Thesis,” in Orthodoxy and Heresy in Early Christian Contexts: Reconsidering the Bauer Thesis, ed. Paul A. Hartog. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2015, 141-165.
- “The Doctrine of the Future in Origen and Athanasius,” in Eschatology: Biblical, Historical, and Practical Approaches Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2016.
"I like to think big things for God! He deserves it. Whether it's evangelism, or your work or your money, whatever it is, you ought to think of big ways you can be used for God."
— D.L. Moody, Founder
Moody Bible Institute