- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
Title: Assistant Professor of Biblical Exposition; Program Head
Department: Bible, Pastoral Studies
Start Date: August 2011
Chris currently serves as the Associate Minister of Preaching and Teaching at Southside Christian Church in Spokane, Washington and is on the Board of the Evangelical Homiletics Society. He formerly served as the Interim Pastor at Shiloh Hills Fellowship (Converge) in Spokane, Washington and has served in various ministry experiences and internships in Florida, Illinois, Missouri, and Massachusetts. His areas of specialization include homiletics, leadership, communication, and multi-sensory preaching and teaching. He teaches speech communication, history of biblical exposition, communication of biblical truth, development and delivery of narrative messages, evangelistic messages, structure and style in biblical exposition, senior seminar, ministry internships, beginning golf, and backpacking.
BA, Moody Bible Institute
MDiv, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
ThM, University of Edinburgh
PhD Candidate, Gonzaga University (Anticipated December 2018)
- “Mentoring Millennials and Other Young Whippersnappers.” In No Program but Time, No Book but the Bible. Eugene, Oregon: Wipf and Stock Publishers, July 2018.
- “The Value of Feedback” On the Teaching of Preaching, ed. S. Gibson, (Weaver Book Company: March, 2018).
- “Great People Build Great Preachers,” The Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society 17:2 (November, 2017).
- General Editor of God’s Greatest Gift: An Advent Devotional from MBI – Faculty and Staff (November, 2017).
- “Begin with the End in Mind,” Preaching Today website (January, 2017).
- “Pause and Turn Your Gratefulness into Thankfulness,” Preaching Today website (September, 2016).
- Contributor of Preaching Assessment Test to Preaching Today website (August, 2016).
Chris enjoys listening to sermons, preaching, playing and watching sports, backpacking and camping, and watching movies.