Department:Applied Theology, Church Ministries
School:Undergraduate in Chicago, Graduate/Seminary in Chicago
Start Date:August 2011
Chris is the vice president of the Evangelical Homiletics Society and previously served as the associate minister of Preaching and Teaching at Southside Christian Church in Spokane, Washington. He has also formerly served as the interim lead pastor at Shiloh Hills Fellowship (Converge) in Spokane, Washington as well as other various ministry experiences in Florida, Illinois, Missouri, and Massachusetts. His areas of specialization include homiletics, leadership, communication, the millennial generation, and multi-sensory preaching and teaching. He teaches speech communication, history of biblical preaching, communication of biblical truth, development and delivery of narrative messages, evangelistic messages, structure and style in biblical preaching, senior seminar in pastoral ministry, ministry internships, beginning golf, and backpacking.
BA, Moody Bible Institute
MDiv, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
ThM, University of Edinburgh
PhD, Gonzaga University
- Regular Contributor to Today in the Word (Moody Publishing)
- “Officiating Your First Wedding” in M. Boyle, L. Norris, and K. Rodriguez (Ed.) The One Volume Seminary (Moody Publishing: Forthcoming).
- “Joshua” in S. Gibson and M. Kim (Ed.) The Big Idea Handbook for Preaching and Teaching (Baker: Forthcoming).
- “Hosea” in S. Gibson and M. Kim (Ed.) The Big Idea Handbook for Preaching and Teaching (Baker: Forthcoming).
- “1 Timothy” in S. Gibson and M. Kim (Ed.) The Big Idea Handbook for Preaching and Teaching (Baker: Forthcoming).
- “2 Timothy” in S. Gibson and M. Kim (Ed.) The Big Idea Handbook for Preaching and Teaching (Baker: Forthcoming).
- “Helping Preachers Preach Titus,” Preaching Today. Forthcoming.
- “Helping Preachers Preach James,” Preaching Today. Forthcoming.
- “The Value of Feedback” in S. Gibson (Ed.) Training Preachers: A Guide to Teaching Homiletics. (Lexham Press: March 2019).
- “On Preaching the Trinity: A Call to Preach” Theology Magazine (January, 2019).
- “Mentoring Millennials and Other Young Whippersnappers.” In No Program but Time, No Book but the Bible, ed. M. Kim, (Eugene, Oregon: Wipf and Stock Publishers, July 2018).
- “Great People Build Great Preachers,” The Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society. 17:2 (November, 2017).
- General Editor of God’s Greatest Gift: An Advent Devotional from MBI – Faculty and Staff (November, 2017).
- “Begin with the End in Mind,” Preaching Today website (January, 2017).
- “Pause and Turn Your Gratefulness into Thankfulness,” Preaching Today website (September, 2016).
- Contributor of Preaching Assessment Test to Preaching Today website (August, 2016).
Chris enjoys listening to sermons, preaching, playing and watching sports, backpacking and camping.