- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
Title: Vice President and Dean of Moody Bible Institute
Start Date: 2007
BS, University of Illinois at Chicago
MDiv, Moody Theological Seminary
MA in Biblical Exegesis, Wheaton College
PhD Theological Studies – Old Testament, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- “Isaiah” with Dr. Michael Rydelnik in Moody Bible Commentary (ed. Michael Rydelnik and Michael Vanlaningham, Chicago: Moody, 2013).
- “Sociology of the Old Testament,” Lexham Bible Dictionary (Bellinham: Logos Bible Software, 2013).
- “An 8-week Online Capstone Experience,” Teaching Theology and Religion 15 (2012): 184-185.
- “Online Education and Curricular Design in the Digital Age,” Theological Educator, forthcoming.
- Review of In God’s Shadow: Politics in the Hebrew Bible, by Michael Walzer, New Haven: Yale University Press, 2012, in Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament 2.1 (2013): 109-111
- Review of Presence, Power, and Promise: The Role of the Spirit of God in the Old Testament, Downers Grove: IVP, 2012, in Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament 1 (2012): 141-142.
- Review of Rethinking Learning for a Digital Age: How Learners are Shaping their Own Experiences, ed. by Rhona Sharpe, Helen Beetham, and Sara de Freitas, New York: Routledge, 2010, in Teaching Theology and Religion, February 2012.
- Review of Justice and Compassion in Biblical Law, by Richard H. Hiers, New York: Continuum, 2010, in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 53 (2010): 811-812.
- Review of The Abduction of Dinah: Reading Genesis 28:10-35:15 as a Votive Narrative, New York: Pickwick, 2013, in Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament, forthcoming.
- Review of The Politics of Yahweh: John Howard Yoder, the Old Testament, and the People of God, by John C. Nugent, Eugene, OR: Cascade, in Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament, forthcoming.
- “The Social Implications of ‘No Other Name’: Salvation in Christ in Light of the Sociology of Pierre Bourdieu.” Paper presented at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, San Francisco, CA.
- “Globalization, Learner Participation and Online Course Design: Alignment of Pedagogy and Technology Use.” Presentation given at the 2011 Annual Meeting of ACCESS, Chicago, IL
- “First Year Online Program (FYOP): An Emerging Paradigm for Mentoring Students Studying at a Distance.” Presentation given at the 2011 Annual Meeting of ACCESS, Chicago, IL
- “The Davidic Innocence Motif in the Book of Samuel” Paper presented at the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Atlanta, GA 2010
- “Collective Memory and Torah” Paper presented at the 2006 Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Washington D. C.
- Chairman of the Board for FCA Chicagoland’s Courageous Leadership Training
- Member, ABHE’s Commission on Accreditation
- Member, Evangelical Theological Society, 2006-present