- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
James M. Wood
Title: Associate Professor of Psychology, Moody Theological Seminary
Start Date: July 2013
Dr. Wood began teaching classes in counseling psychology at MTS-Michigan in the fall of 2001. In addition to that he has taught and counseled for a number of years at a Christian school, worked as a staff psychologist at Pine Rest Christian Hospital in Grand Rapids, Mich., and has also worked as a consulting psychologist for various school districts, church and missions organizations. Additionally, he has maintained a private clinical practice for over 15 years. Dr. Wood’s private practice has focused on work with children, adults and families.
BS, Wayne State University
MS, University of Detroit
PsyS, University of Detroit
PhD University of Detroit
• Fully Licensed Psychologist in Michigan
• Fully Certified School Psychologist
• Listed: National Register of Health Care Providers
• Teacher/Counselor, Southfield Christian School, Southfield, Mich.
• Staff Psychologist, Pine Rest Christian Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mich.
• School Psychologist, South Lake Schools, St. Clair Shores, Mich.
• Psychologist Consultant, Oakland ISD, Waterford, Mich.
• Private Practice Psychologist (Children, Adolescents, Adults), Farmington, Mich.
• Short-term missions (teaching Marriage and Family at L’viv Bible College, Ukraine) through SEND International
• American Association of Christian Counselors
• Christian Association for Psychological Studies
• American Psychological Association
• American Association of Marriage & Family Therapists;