Learn how to preach God’s Word to connect with others and impact lives
As you earn your Graduate Certificate in Biblical Preaching, you’ll learn to prepare and deliver expository sermons that inspire communities and transform lives. If you’re a current pastor, evangelist, Christian speaker, or someone who aspires to communicate biblical truth for ministry, this certificate program will teach you time-tested and advanced preaching skills.
Designed for the university or Bible college graduate, with or without preaching experience, the 21-credit program provides you with outstanding instruction from our experienced faculty, who have years of experience in pastoral and preaching roles in various churches and ministries around the country.
As you study, you’ll learn to:
- Prepare expository messages from multiple genres of Scripture.
- Formulate a philosophy of preaching that integrates theology, hermeneutics, and cultural perspectives.
- Deliver creative, relevant, and engaging messages for a wide range of cultural settings.
- Communication of Biblical Truth
- Advanced Homiletics
- Theology and Preaching
- Preaching Narrative and Parabolic Literature
- The History, Theology, and Methodology of African American Preaching
- Preaching Poetic and Prophetic Literature
- Contextualized Preaching
- Church and Culture
- Issues and Trends in African American Churches
- Contributions of Leading Pastors in African American Churches
A Moody seminary education is easier than ever to afford at $519 per credit hour (price subject to change per academic year). Our scholarships and payment plans help you even more by defraying the cost of tuition and spreading out your financial obligations over time. Some students may also be able to receive advanced standing credit and finish the program in fewer semesters.