Learn how to counsel others from a biblical perspective
As you earn your Graduate Certificate in Christian Counseling, you’ll receive a thorough introduction to pastoral counseling. Designed for university or Bible college graduates, the course will prepare you to interact with and counsel others who are dealing with a wide range of challenging issues. The class content focuses heavily on biblical spiritual formation and teaches proven methods of benefiting the mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being of those you will serve in ministry.
This program’s experienced faculty have years of experience in pastoral and counseling roles serving in churches and/or ministries. Please note that this certificate does not meet the requirements for any clinical counseling license.
As you study, you’ll learn to:
- Study spiritual disciplines for spiritual development and life application.
- Articulate a theology and philosophy of pastoral care that is based on biblical principles and informed by theological reflection and Christian tradition.
- Determine when pastoral counselors need to refer people to more intensive services.
- Contemporary Issues in Marriage and Family Practice
- Theoretical Foundations of Trauma-Informed Counseling
- Power, Conflict, Resolution, and Transformational Leadership
- Pastoral Counseling
- Professional Ethics
- Biblical Spiritual Formation
- Biblical Spiritual Formation Lab
- Spirituality and the Family
A Moody seminary education is easier than ever to afford at $519 per credit hour (price subject to change per academic year). Our scholarships and payment plans help you even more by defraying the cost of tuition and spreading out your financial obligations over time. Some students may also be able to receive advanced standing credit and finish the program in fewer semesters.