Enhance your understanding of Old Testament theology to accelerate spiritual growth
When you earn your Graduate Certificate in Old Testament Studies, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of the Old Testament Scriptures and systematic theology. You’ll study an integration of doctrine with modern strategies for ministry, providing the methods and skills needed for dynamic ministry and meaningful spiritual growth.
This 21-credit certificate program is designed to provide a biblical foundation for those who have graduated from a secular college or university. Your core classes will help you apply biblical truths to the practical problems that many face in life and ministry. The program will expand your comprehension of biblical theology, fostering a commitment to godly character and the Christian lifestyle.
As you study, you’ll learn to:
- Interpret a biblical text utilizing a variety of methods.
- Articulate the major biblical doctrines of systematic theology consistent with biblical orthodoxy.
- Comprehend the basic history, literature, and theology of the Old Testament.
Here are some sample courses for this program:
- New Testament History, Literature, and Theology
- Old Testament History, Literature, and Theology
- Systematic Christian Theology I
- Systematic Christian Theology II
- Studies in the Pentateuch (elective)
- Studies in the Psalms and Wisdom Books (elective)
- Studies in the Prophets (elective)
A Moody seminary education is easier than ever to afford at $519 per credit hour (price subject to change per academic year). Our scholarships and payment plans help you even more by defraying the cost of tuition and spreading out your financial obligations over time. Some students may also be able to receive advanced standing credit and finish the program in fewer semesters.