Ministry Leadership Emphasis
The Ministry Leadership Emphasis of the M.Div. degree prepares you for effective and exemplary Christian leadership in a variety of settings through biblical, theological, professional and spiritual life training. The emphasis provides advanced training in leadership for current and future pastors, ministry leaders in churches, managers in Christian organizations, business as mission entrepreneurs, missionaries, teachers, administrators and evangelists.
This flexible program welcomes students with secular or Bible college degrees, with or without ministry experience. Upon graduation, you will be equipped to plan, organize, lead, counsel, resolve conflicts, assess, manage change and direct a variety of church and para-church ministries.
- Develop expertise in ministering to people of various ethnic backgrounds and religious mindsets.
- Expand your skills in interpersonal relationships, evangelism and church planting.
- Evaluate urban conditions from a biblical perspective and launch ministry solutions to improve them.
- Apply academic scholarship, research and biblical truths to the needs of the nations.
- Grow in scriptural knowledge, urban ministry experience, servanthood and Christian character.
- Develop intercultural skills under guided supervision through an internship.
- Meet the foundational requirements of evangelical missions agencies.