You can learn to think theologically for life
When you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Theology from Moody Bible Institute, you learn to think theologically for life. You’ll be grounded in theology for many types of ministry as you do research and explore specific areas of interest. Study apologetics and systematic, historical, biblical, and philosophical theology. As a Theology major, you can take a wide variety of theology electives and choose from several options every semester. Discover how theology shapes ministry and the church and prepare to teach others.
Your Theology Studies
As you study, you’ll:
- Learn how to think theologically
- Gain a grounded worldview so you can do many types of ministry
- Prepare for graduate work in theological and biblical studies
- Put what you’re learning into practice at your PCM and during your internship
- Learn how to implement theology in various cultural contexts
- Get ministry tools you can use for the rest of your life
Meet your Theology professors
You’ll get to study with professors with years of practical and academic experience. Dr. David Finkbeiner has been teaching at Moody for more than 20 years. You can learn from Dr. Marcus Johnson, professor of Theology, and Dr. John Clark, associate professor of Theology. Dr. Johnson and Dr. Clark coauthored The Incarnation of God.
Jobs you can get as a Theology Major
When you graduate with a BA in Theology you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of careers. You can:
- Pursue graduate studies in theology and related fields
- Serve effectively in a church ministry
- Think theologically wherever you are
- Use a strong theological foundation in every endeavor
- Train others in theology
For on-campus residential students, every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, sponsored by faithful donors. Every residential Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $12,960 a year. Off-campus commuter students pay $399 per credit hour. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.