Honor Where Honor Is Due
- August 11, 2020
Help us celebrate Moody students and faculty, recognized worldwide for their practical ministry expertise and leadership. Check out our long list of recent honors, faculty publications, and promotions.
During the 2020 graduation season, the Moody Theological Seminary faculty announced several awards to honor the new alumni. When the COVID-19 outbreak forced the cancellation of commencement services, these graduates did not receive their awards in person, so we wanted to honor them here.
MTS—Chicago Faculty Awards
- Ethan Rogers ’20 BA/MA, Pastoral Studies
- Kimberly Tenhor ’20 MA and David Kleinhans ’20 MA, Biblical Studies
- Jacob O’Boyle ’20 MA, Biblical Theological Studies
- Tyana Grant ’20 MA, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Jerry Taylor ’20 MDiv, Daniel James Murphy ’20 MA, and Daniel Jeremiah Enright ’20 MA, Supervised Ministry in Field Education
- Gift Mungula ’20 MDiv, Kern Ministry Leadership—Vocational Stewardship
- Jemimah Joseph ’20 MA and Daniel Enright ’20 MA, Ministry Leadership
- Ted A. Bryant ’20 MDiv and Kazumasa Terashima ’20 MA, Pastoral Studies
- Jeffery E. Anderson ’20 MA and Kezia Lai-Leung ’20 MA, Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
- Kimberly Padrick ’20 MA, TESOL
- Elizabeth Mehlman ’20 MDiv, Biblical Languages
- Abishai Kothapalli ’20 MDiv, Zondervan Hebrew award
- Christopher M. Brooks ’20 MDiv, Zondervan Greek award
- Ted A. Bryant ’20 MDiv and Ryan Gindl ‘20 MDiv, Zondervan Theology award
MTS—Michigan Faculty Awards
- Daniel Schmidt ’20 MA, Biblical Languages
- Bonnie Harlin ’20 MA, Biblical Studies
- Jonathan Schmoll ’20 MA, Apologetics
- Willard Pierson III ’20 MA, Biblical Theology
- Kenneth Nether ’20 MA, Urban Ministry
- Dylan Dunn ’20 MDiv, Expository Communication
- Devin Dunn ’20 MDiv, Ministry Leadership
- Jackson Morehead ’20 MA, Counseling Psychology
- Heather Marscheider ’20 MA, Psychological Studies
- Otniel Chis ’20 MDiv and Kenneth Gabbert ’20 MA, Systematic Theology
- Theodore Sebastian ’20 MDiv, Christian Mission award
- Perry Dunlap ’20 MDiv, Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
- Hayley Nasrallah ’20 MA, Integrative Psychological Research
Faculty Leadership Honors
- Dr. Brian Tucker has been awarded membership to the Society for New Testament Studies, the premier international organization for New Testament scholars. Tucker continues to lead the MDiv program at Moody Theological Seminary’s Michigan campus.
- Dr. Chris Rappazini ’07, program head of the BA/MA in Pastoral Studies, was named president of the Evangelical Homiletics Society, a 300-member organization devoted to the instruction of biblical preaching.
- Dr. Russell Meek won the Evangelical Press Association’s first-place award in Bible Exposition for an article published in Fathom magazine. He teaches Old Testament and hermeneutics online for MTS, and recently published A Book-by-Book Guide to Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary (Hendrickson Publishers).
Recent Faculty Publications
- Dr. Joel Jupp wrote “Grace and Peace: A Necessity for New Testament Worshipers,” published in Reformed Worship (March 2020).
- Dr. Richard Hayes published a review of The Genesis Creation Account in the Dead Sea Scrolls (Jeremy D. Lyon, Pickwick) in JETS (March 2020).
- Dr. Craig Hendrickson published Charismatic Leadership and Missional Change: Mission-Actional Ministry in a Multiethnic Church (Pickwick Publications), a book in the American Society of Missiology Monograph Series.
- Dr. Chris Rappazini ’07 co-authored Church Policies and Procedures: Common-Sense Guides for Administering Churches in a Complex World, a project he completed during a recent sabbatical.
- Dr. Kazuyuki Hayashi ’12 presented a paper at the Southwest regional meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research. He was awarded the Fundamentals for Data Research Fellowship to work on a summer research project, “Mapping Persian Period Temples in Yehud and its Neighboring Regions.” He also coauthored a chapter in festschrift to honor James K. Hoffmeier (Eisenbrauns).
- Dr. Sorin Sabou recently published Happiness and External Goods in Nicomachean Ethics (Pickwick Publications).
- Dr. John Goodrich ’03 and Dr. Ben Wilson contributed chapters to Following Jesus Christ: The New Testament Message of Discipleship for Today (Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic).
2020 Faculty Promotions
- John Clark—associate professor to professor
- John Goodrich ’03—associate professor to professor
- Robert Gustafson ’82—associate professor to professor
- Brian Kammerzelt—associate professor to professor
- Yongmin Kim—visiting assistant professor of music and conductor of Moody Chorale
- Sanjay Merchant—associate professor to professor
- Andy Pflederer ’87—associate professor to professor
- Eric Redmond—associate professor to professor
- Jill White—assistant to associate professor
- Kevin Wong, who teaches theology and philosophy, earned a PhD in Systematic Theology from Wheaton College.
- Dawn S. Clark, who teaches online courses about disability and the church, earned a graduate certificate in Disability and Ministry from Western Theological Seminary in Michigan.