INTERNATIONAL STUDENT REQUIREMENTS
For non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents, you will need to fulfill basic admissions requirement and the criteria below.
Foreign Transcript Evaluation
International students will be required to have all academic documents and records evaluated by World Education Services or Education Credential Evaluators or any current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. A list of members may be found at naces.org/members.html. The evaluation must include a grade point average and a course by course evaluation. Applicants are responsible for paying the evaluation fee.
Proof of English language proficiency
All international applicants must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language with a high degree of proficiency. Academic success at Moody will depend on the student’s level of fluency in English. Therefore, all applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language or the International English Language Testing System and have the scores submitted directly to the Office of Admissions. A minimum TOEFL score of 575 on paper-based tests, 233 on computer-based tests, or 85 on internet-based tests, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required. Applicants who do not meet a minimum English proficiency requirement will not be admitted.
Exceptions to the required TOEFL or IELTS test scores will be made in the following two instances only:
- The applicant is a citizen of Australia, the British West Indies, Canada, Great Britain, or New Zealand and is a native speaker of the English language.
- The applicant has been admitted to and studied at an accredited educational institution in one of the countries mentioned above or in the United States within the past two years at the time of application and has earned an accredited post-secondary degree.
Applicants should be aware that several attempts may be necessary before the minimum score is achieved. Furthermore, the tests are offered only at certain times during the year. Go to TOEFL at toefl.org (school code: 1486) or IELTS at ielts.org.
Proof of Financial Documents
If accepted, in order to receive an I-20 from our International Students Office, a proof of financial document is required. Minimum financial support levels are as follows:
|$19,319||Single graduate student|
|$31,424||Married graduate student without children|
|$32,016||Married graduate student with children (for each child accompanying student, an additional $2,000 is required)|
Acceptable proof of Financial Documents:
- Self-sponsored: Student bank statement or bank letter indicating sufficient funds are available to withdraw any time. Only original or notarized copies of documents are acceptable.
- Sponsored by others: Sponsor or sponsors must complete an Affidavit of Support form (I-134).
- Pre-payment: Student or sponsor already paid the entire first year school bill.
If you are not able to provide financial documents, your admittance will be cancelled and you will need to reapply.