MASTER OF ARTS [BIBLICAL AND THEOLOGICAL STUDIES]
(WEBSITE CHANGES COMING SOON Please call 312-329-4400 for more information)
The Master of Arts [Biblical and Theological Studies] is a 30-hour, one-year academic graduate program offered by Moody Theological Seminary for Moody Bible Institute graduates. Building on the Moody undergraduate core curriculum, it is designed particularly for students who wish to supplement their ministry majors at the undergraduate level with further education focusing on biblical and theological studies at the graduate level.
The M.A.B.T.S. is designed primarily for graduates of Moody Bible Institute who did not major in Bible or Theology.
Students who successfully complete the requirements for the Master of Arts [Biblical and Theological Studies] should be able to:
- Engage in competent research and writing at the graduate level
- Be conversant in significant matters related to theological prolegomena and biblical hermeneutics
- Articulate the distinction between the biblical and theological disciplines as well as their interrelationships
- Discuss matters related to the nature, content, and method of biblical and historical theology
- Pursue further research in particular biblical books and/or theological topics
- Think critically about contemporary issues and developments from a biblical-theological perspective
- Integrate biblical-theological considerations with their particular field of ministry
- Develop a biblical-theological basis for Christian maturity, ethics and service.
Click here for the M.A.B.T.S. Program Plan
|M.A.B.T.S. CORE COURSES||(12)|
|BTS 5501 Orientation Seminar||3|
|BTS 5516 Historical Theology I or BTS 5517 Historical Theology II||3|
|BTS 5509 OT Biblical Theology or BTS 5510 NT Bibilical Theology||3|
|BTS 6601 Thesis||3|
|Biblical and Theological Studies Electives|