Alumni Swiss Reformation Tour 2018
March 9–18, 2018: Germany and Switzerland
Join other Moody alumni on a life-transforming journey to celebrate the Protestant Reformation and the 500th anniversary of Huldrych Zwingli’s conversion. Revisit church history as you engage with Moody faculty outside the classroom. Walk in the footsteps of Zwingli and Calvin, while also visiting key sites related to the Anabaptist movement. History will come alive in ways you never thought possible, with guided tours, brief lectures, and short readings. Your daily walk and appreciation of Scripture will be forever changed.
- Discover the medieval roots of the Reformation and Great Schism
- Study the background and culture of the Swiss reformers
- Explore the life of Huldrych Zwingli, the father of the Reformed Reformation in Switzerland
- Explore the life and teachings of John Calvin
- Learn about the early Anabaptists and their origins in Switzerland
- See the home church of Zwingli in Zurich and Calvin’s Church in Geneva
Led by Moody Bible Institute professors, discover the Protestant Reformation’s impact on Christian thought, learn about the tragedy of the Holocaust, and gain new understanding of the truth of God’s Word.
Nancy (Andersen ’80) Hastings
Executive Director of Moody Alumni Association
Professor of Historical Theology & Dean of Study Abroad Programs
Professor of Historical Theology
- Tour Cost: $1,995 double occupancy and $2,475 single occupancy. Cost includes room, all transportation in Europe, breakfast daily and some dinners, all entrance fees. Price does not include airfare and lunches. Airfare should be booked to arrive in Munich and depart from Geneva. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is due with registration form.
- Contact us if you would be willing to share a room to receive the double occupancy rate.
- Hotel accommodations are similar to Holiday Inn Express.
- Airfare, lunches, and some dinners are not included in tour price.
- Payment Information: By check, payable to Moody Bible Institute and sent to Moody Alumni Association, 820 N. LaSalle Blvd., Chicago, IL. By credit card, call Alumni office at (312) 329-4412 (Visa or MasterCard accepted).
- Air Transportation: Please plan your trip to arrive in Munich before noon on March 10. Your host will meet you at the airport. The tour ends in Geneva; please plan the return flight accordingly. Trip insurance is encouraged.
- The Reformation Tour involves a good amount of walking. Some sites are not handicap accessible.
- You must have a passport valid through September 2018.
- Tour tickets are limited—apply today to reserve your spot!
Questions? Please call (312) 329-4412 or email the Alumni office.