- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- B.A. in Biblical Language
- B.A. in Biblical Studies
- B.A. in Music (Music Ministry)
- B.Mus. in Music and Worship
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- Children's Ministry Major
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Pre-Counseling Major
- TESOL Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Student Life
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
APPLIED LINGUISTICS MAJOR
The Applied Linguistics major, designed in cooperation with the Summer Institute of Linguistics, exists to train people to engage in collaborative work with speakers of minority languages—usually languages with little or no written tradition—to develop written materials in and about those languages and to promote mother-tongue literacy.
The courses deal with general principles basic to all languages and cultures and are illustrated by material from Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania and the Americas.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Applied Linguistics program will be able to:
- Distinguish, reproduce and transcribe the sounds of any language of the world.
- Perform a preliminary analysis of the phonological system of any language.
- Perform a preliminary analysis of the syntactic and morphological systems of any language of the world.
- Begin learning to speak any previously unknown language fluently, even where no formal programs or materials exist.
Future Ministry Opportunities
Literacy specialist, language survey worker, foreign missionary, home missionary, TESOL instructor, relief worker, Christian organization employee, chaplain, church staff, church planter and international Christian school staff.
— Delaina, Papua New Guinea
B.A. in Applied Linguistics