- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Language
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in Pre-Counseling and Human Services
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL LANGUAGES
Old Testament and New Testament
The Biblical Languages major is designed to prepare men and women for vocational teaching ministry and graduate-level education in Bible, theology and related fields. Students in this program will receive specialized training in the languages, literature, and contexts of the Old and New Testaments. Students will acquire proficiency in biblical Greek and biblical Hebrew, as well as develop competency in exegetical method, textual criticism, and biblical theology.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Languages program will be able to:
- Produce accurate translations of biblical texts from their original language.
- Conduct a full exegesis of biblical passages.
- Analyze the canonical development of central biblical-theological themes.
- Evaluate the exegetical and theological soundness of recent scholarly perspectives.
- Future Ministry Possibilities
Our graduates have filled positions with churches, Christian schools, faith-based mission groups, camps, publishers and other ministries and are serving Christ as:
Pastors, youth pastors, missionaries, church planters, Christian school teachers, writers, scholars and more.
— Lara, Chattanooga, Tenn.
Class of 2013