- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Languages
- BA in Biblical Preaching
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in Pre-Counseling and Human Services
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
Develop your skills in studying, interpreting, and applying the Bible
You can grow in your knowledge of the Bible and prepare to serve Christ wherever you go, with your Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies from Moody Bible Institute. You’ll practice deep analysis of Scripture, focus on how the Old Testament and New Testament fit together, and engage with relevant scholarly ideas. Reflect on how the Bible relates to contemporary life and ministry, and put what you learn into practice.
You’ll study under professors who meet with you, encourage you, challenge you to grow, and share their lives with you.
Music Emphasis. You can sharpen your musical skills while you grow in your knowledge of the Bible. Get equipped to serve as a worship coordinator who can also occupy broader ministry roles. You’ll be prepared to lead a church worship ministry and integrate worship with valued doctrines.
Interdisciplinary. You can prepare for vocational ministry and graduate-level education in Bible, theology, and related fields. Acquire knowledge of the message and contexts of the Old and New Testaments. You’ll study a range of biblical books and topics or specialize in a particular area of your choice.
What you’ll study in the Biblical Studies program
As you study, you’ll:
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the message and contexts of the Old and New Testaments.
- Develop your skills in studying, interpreting, and applying the Bible.
- Gain skills in researching, writing, and presenting.
- Learn to articulate what a passage means in context, how it contributes to the overall biblical storyline, and the implications it has on your life and ministry.
- Become familiar with the unifying themes of Scripture, and much more!
Meet your Biblical Studies professors
Learn from experienced faculty mentors like Dr. Steven Sanchez, division chair and professor of Bible. Study with Dr. John Goodrich, program head and associate professor of Bible.
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year.
You’re still responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.Learn More