- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Language
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Children's Ministry Major
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Pre-Counseling Major
- TESOL Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BIBLICAL STUDIES
The Biblical Studies major is designed to prepare men and women for vocational ministry and graduate-level education in Bible, theology, and related fields. Students in this program will acquire intermediate knowledge of the message and contexts of the Old and New Testaments. Students will also become familiar with the unifying themes of Scripture, as well as develop their skills in studying, interpreting, and applying the English Bible. Students will have the opportunity to study a range of biblical books and topics or to specialize in a particular area of their choice.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies will be able to:
- Describe the historical/cultural setting of the Old and New Testaments.
- Explain the canonical and theological significance of select biblical books.
- Analyze the canonical development of biblical-theological themes.
- Evaluate the exegetical and theological soundness of recent scholarly perspectives.
Future Ministry Possibilities
Our graduates have filled positions with churches, Christian schools, faith-based mission groups, camps, publishers and other ministries and are serving Christ as:
- Pastors, youth pastors, missionaries, church planters, Christian school teachers, writers, scholars and more
Note: The BA in Biblical Studies—Music Emphasis is available on the Chicago campus only.
The Department of Bible will guide students in this 131 credit degree program designed for students with some music background who desire to enhance their musical skills while pursuing biblical studies. This program is tailored for the person seeking to serve as a worship coordinator in a church while occupying ministry roles that are broader than a typical minister of music. Students who pursue this should consult the department chair for academic advising.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies-Music program will be able to:
— Ken, Eldoret, Kenya
B.A. in Evangelism