- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Languages
- BA in Biblical Preaching
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Human Services and Pre-Counseling
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
BACHELOR OF MUSIC IN MUSIC AND WORSHIP
This 160-credit five-year degree program seeks to prepare graduates for music ministry, including performance, leadership, and teaching. This degree is a professional program with 86 credits of music with applied studies in Voice, Piano, Composition, Instrumental, and Organ. The program is appropriate for students who seek a comprehensive program of Bible, general studies, advanced music, performance and music ministry study. Upon completion, students will have professional-level abilities for a variety of music ministry positions in church, parachurch, or missions organizations.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Music in Worship and Music program program will be able to:
- Articulate a biblically based philosophy of music ministry.
- Provide oversight of a church music program.
- Integrate various cultures, styles and technologies within the discipline of church music.
- Demonstrate professional-level skills in an applied area (composition, instrument, piano, organ or voice).
Students earning a Bachelor of Music may choose from the following emphases:
Admission to this program is contingent upon the student's general acceptance to Moody and is also determined by the student's ability to meet the ministry focus, performance and musicianship requirements. For more information about applying to the Music Department, please see Music Department's Admissions Requirements.
Future Ministry Possibilities
Many students accept full-time or part-time positions in church music ministry, sometimes combining their music skills with other areas of ministry. We have graduates all over the world involved in missionary endeavors in ethnomusicology, teaching in missionary schools, or performing or composing for ministry contexts.
Each year, a percentage of the graduating class goes to graduate school to prepare for the next step in their lives. Music majors have been accepted at fine graduate schools and seminaries all over the country.