- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Language
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Children's Ministry Major
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Pre-Counseling Major
- TESOL Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
BIBLE SECONDARY EDUCATION MAJOR
This major equips students for ministry within the adolescent sub-culture of Christian middle and high schools by introducing them to developmental characteristics, cultural and sociological influences, ministry philosophies and strategies, teaching methodologies and curriculum approaches that are essential to ministry in the Christian high school setting. Students graduating from this program will have knowledge and skills appropriate for service in Christian schools. Students earn certification with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Students will also be required to complete First Aid, CPR, and technology workshops given on campus.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Bible Secondary Education program will be able to:
- Devise, discuss, and defend a personal philosophy of Christian schools that is both biblically formulated and developmentally appropriate.
- Develop teaching materials appropriate to Christian secondary school settings.
- Possess basic skills necessary to assist adolescents, youth, their families and colleagues in problem solving and decision-making.
- Effectively teach the Scriptures to adolescents, making use of sound exegetical and hermeneutical principles.
Future Ministry Possibilities
Students graduating from this program will have knowledge and skills appropriate for service in Christian schools that are certified with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).