- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Languages
- BA in Biblical Preaching
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Human Services and Pre-Counseling
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
BA in Biblical Preaching
The BA in Biblical Preaching program is designed for students whose ministry will focus primarily on composing and delivering messages based upon God's Word. It equips students to do biblical exegesis and formulate expository messages that are relevant to today's listeners. Students in the program will learn to prepare messages from multiple genres of biblical literature and deliver them in a variety of methods.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Preaching program will be able to:
- Exegete a biblical passage in one of the biblical languages.
- Develop expository messages from a variety of biblical literary genres.
- Develop culturally relevant expository messages through audience analysis.
- Deliver expository messages with exegetically informed vocal dynamics, gestures and movement.
Future Ministry Possibilities
This major is designed for students who plan to make preaching the primary focus of their ministry. Our advanced courses in sermon formation and delivery equip students for dynamic pulpit ministry. Preaching is often an important part of the evangelist's ministry. Use your skills in sermon delivery to proclaim the gospel. Most ministry contexts require an ability to communicate God's Word to others. Your training in the Biblical Exposition major will equip you for a ministry of God's Word in a variety of contexts.
The Department of Pastoral Studies offers three interdisciplinary majors. Students may choose to take an interdisciplinary track in Biblical Exposition, Ministry to Women or Pastoral Ministry.
The purpose of these interdisciplinary majors is to provide a context for strategic ministry preparation through cross departmental training in vocational ministry. Learn more
Moody Stories - Phillip
Phillip longs to return to his home in Uganda to help train pastors, using the Bible knowledge and preaching skills he gained at Moody Bible Institute.
— Jeremy, Oak Park, Ill.