- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Languages
- BA in Biblical Preaching
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Human Services and Pre-Counseling
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
Bachelor of Arts in Children and Family Ministry
Reach children and their families for Christ
You can learn to communicate biblical truth to children and their families with your Bachelor of Arts in Children and Family Ministry from Moody Bible Institute. You’ll practice serving with compassion and skill in any context. Discover how developmental stages and a child’s spiritual formation fit together and how to best minister to children and their families from a strong theological foundation. You’ll also gain administrative skills for directing a ministry and interpersonal skills for leadership and counseling.
Study with professors who care about you, challenge you, and invest in your growth. Graduate prepared to lead a children and family program anywhere God takes you.
What you'll study in the Children and Family Ministry program
As you study, you’ll:
- Integrate theology and biblical exposition to help children develop a love for the Bible
- Get hands-on experience with children and families in ministries around Chicago
- Build a relationship with your advisor as you grow spiritually and get leadership training
- Help coordinate and run a yearly children and family conference at Moody
- Form and give a defense of your biblical and theological ministry model
- Study family systems, disability ministry, partnering with families for spiritual growth, and much more
After you graduate with your Children and Family Ministry degree
The graduating class of 2017 had 100% job placement. You’ll graduate ready and able to get a job and join other Children and Family Ministry alumni around the world.
Alumni from the program are serving in churches, inner city kids programs, orphanages, counseling centers, daycares around the world—and wherever God brings them.
Meet your Children and Family Ministry professors
The annual NEXT Conference
The NEXT Children and Family Ministry Conference is an annual conference planned and hosted by students in the Children and Family Ministry program at Moody Bible Institute. It equips and encourages those in ministry to children and families. Speakers discuss today’s relevant topics in children and family ministry, as well as useful books, curricula, and networking.
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year.
You’re still responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.