- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Languages
- BA in Biblical Preaching
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Human Services and Pre-Counseling
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
JEWISH STUDIES MAJOR
The Jewish Studies major offers a well-integrated program of preparation for those who intend to minister among Jewish people. It familiarizes students with the background, customs, and thinking of the Jewish people and instructs them in the best methods of presenting Jesus of Nazareth in His messianic and redemptive fulfillment.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Jewish Studies program should be able to:
- Articulate the Jewish roots of faith in Jesus the Messiah and to defend the biblical basis for outreach to the Jewish community.
- Become familiar with the customs, traditions, history, thought and literature of the Jewish people, from the biblical to contemporary eras.
- Articulate a biblical theology of the Jewish people, and the theories and skills that characterize contemporary service in the Jewish community, including the ability to identify their own philosophy of service and how that will influence their future service.
- Understand and present the good news of Jesus the Messiah to a Jewish person in a culturally sensitive way, and defend the messiahship of Jesus and God's plan of salvation from the Jewish Scriptures.
Future Ministry Possibilities
Jewish ministry worker, foreign missionary, home missionary, TESOL instructor, relief worker, Christian organization employee, chaplain, church staff, church planter and international Christian school staff.
Moody Stories - David
Following in his father's footsteps, David came to Moody Bible Institute to be equipped to share the Good News of Jesus with the Jewish community.