- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Language
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in Pre-Counseling and Human Services
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
MINISTRY TO WOMEN MAJOR
The Ministry to Women major is designed to equip female students to organize and lead church and parachurch programs that disciple, counsel and teach women.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Ministry to Women program will be able to:
- Articulate a biblical theology of women in ministry.
- Structure and organize a ministry for women in all stages of life.
- Disciple and mentor women.
Future Ministry Possibilities
This degree prepares students to serve as directors of women's ministry, campus staff workers, or in crisis ministry positions. Typically found in larger congregations, the director of women's ministries coordinates small groups, organizes special events, and often engages in a teaching ministry to women.
Campus staff workers evangelize and disciple women on college campuses through parachurch ministries like Campus Crusade, Navigators, and InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. Crisis ministry workers minister to women facing crisis in specialized ministries like crisis pregnancy centers and women's shelters.
The Department of Pastoral Studies offers three interdisciplinary majors. Students may choose to take an interdisciplinary track in Biblical Exposition, Ministry to Women, or Pastoral Ministry.
The purpose of these interdisciplinary majors is to provide a context for strategic ministry preparation through cross departmental training in vocational ministry. Learn more
— Lara, Chattanooga, Tenn.