- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Language
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in Pre-Counseling and Human Services
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Counseling and Human Services
Learn how to counsel from a biblical perspective
You can learn how to counsel and work with families from a biblical perspective with your Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Counseling and Human Services from Moody Bible Institute. Learn to apply interpersonal people skills as you gain an understanding of social work values and opportunities. You’ll get an overview of the counseling field, study with professors who invest in you, and learn to differentiate various personality theorist modalities.
In a 2018 national survey Moody's BA in Pre-Counseling and Human Services was listed as the number one Christian counseling program in the country. You'll receive the best clinical training with a biblical foundation at Moody.
What you’ll study in the Pre-Counseling and Human Services program
As you study, you’ll:
- Take electives that expand your knowledge base.
- Learn the ecosystem model so you can defend the holistic view of a person.
- Study life span development and the different theories of personality types and the role they play in ministering to others.
- Complete a hands-on internship in your area of interest, and much more!
After you graduate with your Pre-Counseling and Human Services degree
You’ll graduate ready and able to get a job and join other Pre-Counseling and Human Services alums around the world.
Become an intake coordinator, an outreach educational specialist, an assistant to outreach youth, or whatever you feel God calling you to. Alumni from the program are serving in churches, nonprofit ministries, crisis pregnancy centers, nursing facilities—and many other places where God has brought them.
As a student on Moody’s campus you get more than a Bible education. Our world-class faculty has traveled the globe ministering to others in Christ’s name, and they will train you to do the same. Your faculty mentors will help you develop your own ministry focus as you learn to apply God’s Word faithfully to everyday life.
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year.
You’re still responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.