- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Languages
- BA in Biblical Preaching
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Children and Family Ministry
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- BA in Pre-Counseling and Human Services
- BA in TESOL
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
Bachelor of Arts in TESOL
Get trained in teaching, cross-cultural skills, and the Bible
You can be equipped to serve wherever God calls you with your Bachelor of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages from Moody Bible Institute. You’ll receive teaching preparation, applied linguistics knowledge, and cross-cultural skills from a biblical perspective. Get practical experience doing ministry in Chicago and on your overseas internship.
You can prepare to teach English and become qualified for many TESOL positions around the world.
What you'll study in TESOL
As you study, you’ll:
- Gain competence in language learning and teaching principles
- Integrate listening and speaking, reading and writing, and grammar and vocabulary in your teaching
- Learn English teaching and theological foundations for service and outreach
- Use what you learn during four semesters of specific TESOL ministry and an overseas internship
- Design a course for a local TESOL ministry
Your TESOL internship
On your overseas internship you’ll practice everything you’ve learned. You’ll teach English and form relationships with people from a different culture. You can learn and grow together with your students as you develop your philosophy of TESOL.
Meet your TESOL program head
Take classes with Dr. Brad Baurain, TESOL program head. Dr. Baurain taught English for more than ten years in China, Vietnam, and Canada. Now he’s preparing others to teach wherever God takes them.
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year.
You’re still responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.