- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- B.A. in Biblical Language
- B.A. in Biblical Studies
- B.A. in Music (Music Ministry)
- B.Mus. in Music and Worship
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- Children's Ministry Major
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Pre-Counseling Major
- TESOL Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Student Life
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
YOUTH MINISTRY MAJOR
This program trains students for effective youth ministry within the adolescent subculture by introducing students to developmental characteristics, cultural and sociological influences, ministry philosophies and strategies, teaching methodologies and program planning approaches that are essential to youth ministry.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Youth Ministry program will be able to:
- Devise, discuss and defend a personal philosophy of youth ministry that is both biblically formulated, developmentally appropriate and socially and culturally sensitive.
- Possess basic people-helping skills necessary to assist adolescents and their families in problem solving and decision-making.
- Have gained interpersonal skills for leadership in small and large group settings.
- Effectively teach the Scriptures to adolescents, making use of sound exegetical and hermeneutical principles.
Future Ministry Possibilities
Full-time national and international church youth ministries and positions in parachurch organizations