- Program Requirements
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Divinity (Online)
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
- Master of Arts [Biblical Studies]
- Master of Arts [Biblical and Theological Studies]
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts [Intercultural and Urban Studies]
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. Pastoral Studies
- Graduate Certificates
- Online and Modular Courses
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Student Services
- Campus Info
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN VOCATIONAL STEWARDSHIP
(WEBSITE CHANGES COMING SOON Please call 312-329-4400 for more information)
The Graduate Certificate in Vocational Stewardship (G.C.V.C.) is a 24-hour academic program. The certificate provides advanced training in vocational stewardship for current and future pastors, administrators, business-men/women, business-as-mission entrepreneurs, managers in Christian organizations and people engaged in various vocations in the marketplace.
G.C.V.S. is designed for students with a college or Bible college degree—with or without ministry experience—who are interested in teaching, fostering and modeling an effective and exemplary biblical stewardship within the Church and in the various vocations in the workplace.
The program seeks to attain three types of outcomes in the life of the student: academic, professional and relational.
The academic outcome is a graduate who is a maturing follower of Christ who can engage in critical and constructive theological reflection and develop biblical and practical strategies of effective vocational stewardship within the Church and in the workplace—meaning a whole-life, 24/7 discipleship.
This outcome is based on a solid foundation of interpreting the Bible using digital resources and studies in biblical vocational stewardship that will enable students to articulate, critically analyze, evaluate and carefully apply the historical, theoretical, practical and ethical aspect of vocational stewardship, including:
- the principles of work or vocation as a calling
- holiness and soul care in vocations
- theory and practice of entrepreneurship primarily for social and economic flourishing in an environment that needs development
The professional outcome is a graduate who is a maturing follower of Christ who possesses developed and honed skills in vocational stewardship.
This outcome is based on a solid foundation of:
- interpreting the Bible using digital resources and studies in biblical vocational stewardship that will equip students to exegete various contexts and integrate faith, work and economics
- leading to fulfillment in personal, spiritual and professional life
- pursue excellence in the work setting
- apply biblical ethical principles in vocations
- design and modify or launch a social entrepreneurial venture for economic flourishing, including a hands-on innovation and immersion project which helps to transform people and society and allows for personal virtuous membership in society
The relational outcome is a graduate who is a maturing follower of Christ who possesses developed interpersonal skills. This outcome is based on a solid foundation of studies in vocational stewardship that will enable students to engage in relationship-fostering activities, modeling and communicating of biblical values and approach to life and work in a diverse and pluralistic work setting.
On the completion of the
program, students can serve in positions, such as, pastor, a bi-vocational
pastor, ministry leader, business-as-mission entrepreneur, para-church ministry
leader, for-profit or non-profit organization leader, businessperson,
missionary, administrator, or just an average “Joe” or “Jane” who sits in the
pew but faithfully integrates faith and work in any vocation or workplace where
the Lord has placed him or her.
Certificate Core Courses
|BI 5500 Hermeneutics||3|
|BI 5531 Introduction to Theological Research and Digital Literacy||3|
G.C.M.L. Emphasis Courses
|MN 5500 Essentials for Excellence in Ministry Leadership||3|
|MN 6601 Power, Conflict, Resolution and Transformational Leadership||3|
|VS 5501 Vocational Stewardship: Integration of Faith, Work and Economy||3|
|VS 6601 Morality, Integrity and Ethics in Vocations||3|
|VS 6602 Social Entrepreneurship for Economic Flourishing/"Shalom"||3|
|VS 7701 Practice of Vocational Stewardship*||3|
M.A. in Biblical Studies