- Program Requirements
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
- Master of Arts [Biblical Studies]
- Master of Arts [Biblical and Theological Studies]
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. Pastoral Studies
- Graduate Certificates
- Learning Venues
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Student Services
- Campus Info
Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
You can learn to apply clinical training and biblical insight to the counseling field with an MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Moody. You’ll be equipped to be a servant leader who can help transform your community and integrate faith into your work. Learn from professors with years of experience who will invest in your life and partner with you.
The graduating class of 2017 has 100% job placement and a 100% pass rate on the National Counselor Examination. You’ll graduate equipped and ready to meet others where they are while you reflect the character of Christ.
Learning Venues and Program Plan
Take classes when—and how—it’s most convenient for you, with three flexible options:
- Come to campus in Chicago, where you’ll study in a classroom setting and get practical experience in the MTS Counseling Center.
- Combine online Bible and theology courses and on-campus options with modular classes. Keep your commitments at home and a flexible schedule and still get the classroom experience.
Learn from experienced faculty mentors like Dr. Deborah Gorton, the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program head. Study under Dr. Valencia Wiggins, a Licensed Professional Counselor with years of counseling experience. Take classes with Dr. Colette Blakely, a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with a passion for working with high schoolers and single adults.
As you study, you’ll:
- Learn the foundation of clinical mental health counseling skills and knowledge.
- Practice the key dispositions necessary to be an excellent servant leader in the field.
- Integrate your faith and the practice of spiritual disciplines as you counsel others.
- Study historical and contemporary trends in mental health practice to navigate diversity in the field.
- Apply biblical wellness-based strategies to initiate growth and transformation.
- Prepare to navigate a variety of post-graduate environments with insight, integrity, and humility.
After You Graduate
You’ll graduate from the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program ready to counsel with humility, compassion, and faithfulness, serving God wherever you go. You’ll be equipped to counsel in a wide variety of circumstances.
Alumni from the program are serving around the world in mental health agencies, hospitals, missions organizations, faith-based and university counseling centers, and many other places where God has led them.
A Moody seminary education is easier than ever to afford at $420 per credit hour (price subject to change per academic year). Our scholarships and payment plans help you even more by defraying the cost of tuition and spreading out your financial obligations over time. You may also qualify for a Federal Loan.Learn More about Financial Aid
Consider academic costs and living expenses at Chicago Campus.
Connect with an admissions counselor, and learn about the application timeline.
Learn about the services dedicated to helping you succeed at Moody.
Find out about what life at MTS Chicago campus is like.