- Program Requirements
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Divinity (Online)
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
- Master of Arts [Biblical Studies]
- Master of Arts [Biblical and Theological Studies]
- Master of Arts [Intercultural and Urban Studies]
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. Pastoral Studies
- Graduate Certificates
- Online and Modular Courses
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Student Services
- Campus Info
TUITION AND FEES
All students are expected to become familiar with the financial obligations they will incur while attending Moody Theological Seminary and Graduate School.
Approximate semester expenses do not include books, supplies, fees, medical insurance or personal expenses. Graduate students may choose to live on- or off-campus. Chicago on-campus housing is available, but limited. Please direct housing inquiries to Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-329-4189. Graduate students have the option to include a meal plan. Please direct inquiries to Food Services 312-329-4324.
Moody Theological Seminary and Graduate School students are required to pay their bills, in full, by the first day of classes each semester or to enroll in the Seminary Payment Plan.
If students are expecting institutional scholarships, outside scholarships, stipends, or loans to help cover their balance and they are not awarded by Moody’s due date, students are still responsible to make payments on time for the amount due.
Methods of Payment
1. Students may make payments online through the my.moody.edu student portal by debit/credit card. (Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted)
Others* making payments towards a student's bill may make payments online by debit/credit card at Non-student payment. (Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted)
*Matriculation deposits and outside scholarship payments may not be made online through this link.
2. Payments by check or money order** may be sent payable to:
Moody Bible Institute
Attn: Student Accounts
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
**Please include student name and ID # on all checks and money orders. Allow 2-3 weeks for mail delivery.
Semester Program Costs
|Estimated Cost (per semester)|
|On-campus student (9 credit hours)||$10,101|
|Off-campus student (9 credit hours)||$4,136|
These prices include tuition, room, and fees (on-campus). They do not include books, supplies, medical insurance or personal expenses.
Tuition and Fees
|Application Fee (non-refundable) Due at time of submitting application||$50|
|Matriculation Deposit Due at time of acceptance||$100|
|Tuition (per Credit hour)|
|Credit (effective July 1, 2017)||$420|
|Student Fees (per semester, required)|
|Campus Network fee (per semester, required if living on campus)||$100|
|Student activity fee (per credit hour, caps at 9 credits)||$20|
|Student Council fee (per credit hour)||
|Ventra U-Pass* (per semester)||
|Other Fees as Applicable|
|Certificate or Degree extension fee||$50|
|Insurance Handling Fee* (per semester if required or taken) *See Insurance||$20|
|Late Payment fee||$25|
|Logos Software, per semester**||$300|
|Parking Fee (per vehicle, per semester)||$175|
|Payment plan enrollment fee, per semester||$60|
|Retreat Fee (variable)||$10-$30|
|Returned ACH/Check Fee||$25|
* The U-PASS fee is applied to all students taking 9 credits or more with minimum of one on-ground Chicago campus course.
**This fee is charged for four semesters to all incoming MTS students for whom Logos Software is required.
|HOUSING (per semester)|
|Double, per person||$3,995|
|Triple, per person||$3,315|
|Security Deposit* (one-time payment)||$250|
|Modular Housing (per class)||$189|
|Board (per semester)|
|10 meals per week (available to Jenkins Hall residents only)||$1,630|
All prices quoted are subject to change without notice
*The Security Deposit for Jenkins Hall apartments is held until the student moves out. The Deposit is returned to the student upon request at move out less any damages to the apartment beyond normal wear and tear.
Graduate students may choose to live on- or off-campus. Chicago on-campus housing is available, but limited. Please direct housing inquiries to Residence Life at email@example.com or 312-329-4189. Graduate students have the option to include a meal plan. Please direct inquiries to Food Services at 312-329-4324.
**For a complete list of fees please see the Academic Catalog.
Chicago graduate students are eligible to participate in the MBI Student Health Insurance Plan provided that they are full-time status (9 or more credit hours). Enrollment forms can be found on my.moody.edu.
All Chicago residential students and international students (including spouses and children) are required to be covered by a health insurance plan that provides for hospitalization and medical-surgical coverage in the event of sickness or accident for the entire time they are enrolled as a student. This includes breaks between semesters.
A student may choose to enroll in the Moody Bible Institute Student Health Insurance Plan or be covered by another insurance plan. If a student chooses another insurance plan, he or she must provide Moody with evidence that insurance coverage is in effect by submitting a completed Waiver of Insurance form and a copy of both sides of the current insurance card once each school year, prior to the fall semester (or the first semester of the school year during which the student is enrolled). The insurance policy must be with a company based in the United States. Waiver forms can be found on my.moody.edu.
All students are personally responsible for any health care expenses not covered by their insurance, (deductibles, co-payments, excluded items and services, etc). Students are responsible for knowing and following the procedures of their insurance company, including remaining current with any forms to be submitted, and for following the payment policy of the health care provider, office, clinic or hospital from which they receive services; this may mean that payment is required at the time of service.
Listed below are the prices for student health insurance for the 2017-2018 academic year, for those students who do not have their own insurance and choose to enroll in the MBI plan. A separate handling fee of $20 per semester will be assessed to each student (if insurance is required or taken), regardless of the type of coverage.
|Individual Plan (see dependent coverage below)|
|Fall Semester 2017
Spring/Summer Semester 2018
Optional Dependent Coverage
Available to any eligible student's dependent(s).
|Fall 2017||Spring/Summer 2018|
|Student and Spouse*
Student and Family
Student and Child(ren)
* If both husband and wife are students, they may each enroll as single students in the Individual Plan.
International Students desiring to waive Moody's insurance plan must be covered by an insurance company based in the United States.
Seminary Payment Plan
- The Seminary Payment Plan is administered by the Student Accounts Coordinator located in the Student Accounts Office in Moody Central. There is a $60.00 enrollment fee per semester to join the plan. This fee is nonrefundable and due at the time of enrollment.
- This is an interest-free plan; you can use this plan and pay monthly without accruing interest or having a large debt at the time of graduation.
- Choose the number of months (three to five) to spread your installment payments. The installment period is interest free.
- There are due dates for making monthly payments. A $25.00 late fee may be charged for late payments.
- International students (F-1 Visa status) are not eligible for the payment plan in their first semester of attendance.