- Master's Programs
- Learning Venues
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Student Services
- Campus Info
Moody Theological Seminary exists to train Bible interpreters who will apply and incarnate biblical truth and minister and communicate that truth to others.
Statement of Values and Competencies
The academic programs at Moody Theological Seminary seek to encourage a thirst for knowing the Lord Jesus Christ, obeying Him, increasing in Christlike character and serving Him effectively through the use of spiritual gifts. Toward this end, the programs seek to attain the following values and competencies:
We seek three types of outcomes in the life of the student. A graduate of Moody Theological Seminary will:
We value the intellectual development of students toward a practical working knowledge of the text.
- Demonstrate an ability to objectively interpret and apply the Scriptures to life and ministry.
- Understand and articulate the essential doctrines of evangelical/Christian belief.
- Demonstrate competency to conduct scholarly research, evidencing careful analysis and critical judgment.
- Articulate and apply a biblical worldview to life.
We value the ability to incorporate biblical knowledge with the practice of ministry skills
- Conduct their ministries with skills appropriate to each ministry.
- Integrate biblical knowledge to communicate or preach with accuracy and relevance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Develop ministry skills under guided supervision.
We value the development of relational skills and the formation of Christian character in our students.
- Display an ongoing desire to grow in Christlike character.
- Exhibit passion for continued obedience to Christ and service to people.
- Exhibit an appreciation for cultural, theological and denominational diversity in partnership with the church community in varied settings.
— Jill, G.C. in Biblical Studies