Please note that over the next several weeks we will be making changes to Moody.edu to enhance your experience as you visit our site. As a result, the content on this page will be migrated onto the Academics section, and you may notice changes to the navigation menu during this time. Thank you for visiting our website!
Train to be a missionary and an aviator
When you earn your Bachelor of Science in Missionary Aviation Technology—Flight from Moody Aviation, you prepare to serve as a missionary and an aviator anywhere. You’ll study under faculty who have extensive mission aviation experience, and a passion for God’s Word. Gain training in the Bible and theology to prepare you to serve God wherever He calls you.
Build 325 hours of flying experience and graduate with a commercial pilot certificate, instrument rating, and high performance, tailwheel, and complex endorsements. Earn maintenance training that culminates in airframe and powerplant certification.
Your Missionary Aviation Technology—Flight Program Studies
As you study, you’ll:
- Become an FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant mechanic
- Hone maintenance skills as you work as a mechanic
- Accumulate an average of 325 total flying hours with more than 100 hours in high performance aircraft
- Study the Word of God and apply what you learn serving with local ministries
- Qualify for the Restricted ATP with reduced flight hour requirements
- Employ latest avionics technology in over 15 Cessna aircraft and new FRASCA simulators
- Confirm your calling through the two-week vision trip and four-week internship
Graduates from the Missionary Aviation Technology—Flight program
When you graduate you’ll be prepared to join a mission agency immediately. Your aviation program will be tailored to equip you to meet the needs of mission agencies. You’ll also have the technical expertise to transport missionaries, and provide medical and relief support in a cross cultural setting. As a graduate you’ll meet the academic eligibility requirements to qualify for Restricted ATP certificate with reduced flight hours.
Tuition for Moody Aviation is $450 per credit hour, and students live off-campus in investor-owned homes. You can defray the costs with scholarships, grants, Moody’s payment plan, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.
In addition to other forms of financial aid, students in their final years of the Missionary Aviation Technology program are eligible for a specialized forgivable loan program (FLAPS).