Tuition and Fees
Balances are due in full July 1 for the fall term and January 1 for the spring term unless the student is enrolled in the Moody Payment Plan. A $25 late fee per month will be charged if the account balance is not received by Moody's due date.
Methods of Payment
- Students may make payments online through my.moody.edu > Students tab > Student Center > Finances > Nelnet > Finances/Payment Plans/Refunds. Payment may be made by bank account, credit or debit card* (Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted). Students may also use this portal to authorize other parties to pay toward their school bill. Note that third-party payments (from someone other than the student's custodial parent) should be reported as a resource on the student's FAFSA.
- Others making payments towards a student’s bill may make payments online with a credit or debit card* at Moody’s Non-Student Payment website (Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted*).
- Payments by check or money order† may be sent payable to:
Moody Bible Institute
Attn: Student Accounts
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
- International payments can be made in the student's home currency using PayMyTuition. For more information visit the Student Accounts page in the my.moody.edu student portal.
*Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a 2.75% Service fee.
†Please include student name and ID number on all checks and money orders. Allow 2-3 weeks for mail delivery.
Note: Matriculation deposits may not be paid online.
- Medical Insurance
- Moody Payment Plan
Aviation costs are dependent on course load and all applicable fees—courses are $440 per credit hour (price subject to change per academic year).
For a full list of tuition and fees see the Academic Catalog.
|Miscellaneous Fees (as Applicable)|
|Credit by examination Fee||$100|
|Late application for graduation fee||$75|
|Insurance handling fee, per term||$20|
|Insurance late form fee, per term||$10|
|Late payment fee, monthly||$25|
|New Student Orientation and Retreat fee||$150|
|Payment plan enrollment fee, per term||$60|
|Returned payment from bank account or check fee||$30|
For a full list of fees please see the Academic Catalog.
All full-time status residential students (students living in Moody-owned housing) on the Chicago campus, international students on all campuses (living on-campus and off-campus), and all BSMAT students attending on-campus courses are required to be covered by Moody’s health insurance plan or an approved alternate plan for the entire time that they are enrolled as a student, including breaks between semesters. Students are responsible for full compliance with all terms and conditions of their insurance policy, for following the payment policy of the health care provider, office, clinic, or hospital from which they receive services, and any expenses not covered by their insurance (deductibles, copayments, excluded items and services, etc.) This may mean that payment is required at the time of service. All required students will be automatically enrolled in Moody Student Insurance and charged the individual plan premium unless a waiver is received.
Commuter students are eligible to participate in Moody’s health insurance plan provided that one or more of the following conditions apply: Full-time status; students completing their student teaching requirements; or graduating seniors in their final semester. All international students with F-1 status, their spouses, and dependent children are required to carry health insurance when those dependents are living with the student, and may not waive Moody’s health insurance plan. Dependent coverage is only available for international students
Listed below are the prices for Moody’s student health insurance plan for the 2020–2021 academic year. A separate $20 insurance handling fee is assessed to each student, per semester, whether Moody insurance is taken or waived.
|Policy||Fall 2020||Spring and Summer 2021|
|Additional family members
(international students only)
|$828 each||$1,285 each|
Please note the following:
- If both husband and wife are students, they may each enroll under the Individual plan.
- Waivers submitted after August 1 (fall) and December 19 (spring) will be subject to a $10 late form fee. Please note that waivers submitted after this date may not be accepted and/or be able to be processed.
- Waivers submitted after this date may not be accepted and/or be able to be processed.
- Students who withdraw 31 days after August 11, 2020 (Fall) or January 1, 2021 (Spring) will not be refunded for the insurance premium.
Moody Payment Plan
The Moody Payment Plan is an interest-free alternative to a lump sum payment of the student bill. It is administered by the Student Accounts Office in Moody Central. The plan is available to all students with the exception of international students (F-1 Visa holders) attending their first semester.
This plan allows the semester total to be split into monthly payments (see table below).
Enrollment and Activation
Students are eligible to enroll in the Moody Payment Plan each semester. Enrollment requires a down payment and a non-refundable $60 enrollment fee.
Fall 2020 Payment Plan is available now.
|Last Day to
|Payments on the 5th|
|June 23||10%||5||July 5th – Nov 5th|
|July 25||20%||4||Aug 5th – Nov 5th|
|Aug 24||25%||3||Sept 5th – Nov 5th|
|Sept 24||40%||2||Oct 5th & Nov 5th|
|Oct 25||60%||1||Nov 5th only|
|Payments on the 20th|
|July 9||10%||5||July 20th – Nov 20th|
|Aug 9||20%||4||Aug 20th – Nov 20th|
|Sept 9||25%||3||Sep 20th – Nov 20th|
|Oct 8||40%||2||Oct 20th & Nov 20th|
|Nov 8||60%||1||Nov 20th only|
NOTE: All down payments are processed immediately!
For additional information about the Moody Payment Plan, please log in to your my.moody.edu Student Center and click on "Finances/Payment Plans/Refunds" or contact email@example.com or (312) 329-4223.