BA in Intercultural Studies
You can learn to share the gospel across cultures
When you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Intercultural Studies from Moody Bible Institute, you can practice effectively interacting with people no matter their background. You’ll learn how to communicate the gospel and serve the global church across cultural barriers. Study how world religions impact worldviews, and gain an understanding of the church around the world. You can get the best education from Moody—gain biblical and theological depth, and expertise on intercultural studies.
Your Intercultural Studies Experience
As you study, you’ll:
- Practice communicating across cultural barriers
- Put what you’re learning into practice at your PCM
- Learn how to explain the gospel clearly to a person from any background
- Gain an understanding of world religions and worldviews
- Take classes on how to learn other languages
- Practice handling the unique theological challenges that arise in different cultures
Meet your Intercultural Studies professors
You’ll get to study with faculty who have years of experience, including Dr. Timothy Sisk, the program head. He served as a missionary in Japan and Bolivia. Learn from Dr. Samuel Naaman, Dr. Kyeong-Sook Park, and Dr. Mary Cloutier, all professors of Intercultural Studies with proficiency serving in intercultural settings.
Jobs you can get with an Intercultural Studies degree
When you graduate with a BA in Intercultural Studies you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of jobs. You can be a:
- church planter
- member of a cross-cultural ministry team
- worker in the global marketplace
- leader of an orphanage
- minister to victims of human trafficking
You’ll be prepared to serve with ministries around the world.
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.