- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
Title: Professor of Bible; Program Head of MA [Biblical and Theological Studies]
Start Date: July 2002
BDesign, University of Florida
MDiv, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
MA, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD, King's College, London
- Joy and Tears: The Emotional Life of the Christian. Chicago: Moody, 2013.
- Giving and Receiving: Paul's Theology of Christian Giving. New Studies in Biblical Theology. ed. D.A. Carson. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press. (Forthcoming)
- "Plural You: On the Use and Abuse of the Second Person,” Bulletin for Biblical Research 20 (2010): 201-214.
- “Δικαιωθηναι δια της ἐκ Χριστου πιστεως: Notes on a Neglected Greek Construction,“ New Testament Studies 56 (2009): 163-68.
- "Marriage and Sexual Fidelity in the Papyri, Plutarch and Paul." Tyndale Bulletin. 50 (1999): 163-172.
- Paul's Gift from Philippi: Conventions of Gift Exchange and Christian Giving. N.Y.: Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- "Proclaiming Jesus to Nonbelievers: The Gospel According to the Preaching in Acts." In Proclaiming Jesus: Essays on the Centrality of Christ in the Church in Honor of Joseph M. Stowell, ed. Thomas H. L. Cornman, 63-86. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2007.
- "Romans 15.26: Make a Contribution or Establish Fellowship?" New Testament Studies. 40 (1994): 457-463.
- "Social Reciprocity and Gentile Debt to Jews in Romans 15:26-27." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. Vol. 50, No.4, December 2007. 735-746.
- "'Thankless Thanks': The Epistolary Social Convention in Philippians 4.10-20." Tyndale Bulletin. 42 (1991): 261-270.
- "The Use and Abuse of Greek in Preaching." The Moody Handbook of Preaching. ed. John Koessler. Chicago: Moody, 2008.
- Research interests include New Testament Greek Language and Exegesis, Greek and Roman Background to the New Testament and Pauline Theology.
- Personal interests include bicycling, reading, home improvement and hospitality.