- Academic Programs
- Schools and Campuses
- Departments and Offices
- Library Services
- Global and Cultural Learning Opportunities
- Academic Calendar
Title: Professor of Jewish Studies; Program Head
Department: Intercultural Studies
Start Date: January 1994
Diploma, Moody Bible Institute
BA, Azusa Pacific University
ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
DMiss, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- The Mysterious Prophecy of Isaiah 53. DVD. With Walter Kaiser, Michael Brown, and Darrell Bock. Discovery House, 2012.
- The Messianic Hope: Is the Hebrew Bible Messianic? Nashville: Broadman Holman, 2010.
- My Search for Messiah. Grand Rapids: Discovery House, 2009.
- Understanding the Arab-Israeli Conflict: What the Headlines Haven't Told You. Chicago: Moody, 2007.
- They Called Me Christ-Killer! Grand Rapids: Discovery Booklets, 2005.
- Old Testament Translation Team for The Holman Christian Standard Bible (Joel and Obadiah)
- Commentary on "Song of Solomon," "Daniel," "Joel," "Habakkuk," "Haggai," "Isaiah," Zechariah," "Malachi." In The Moody Bible Commentary: A One-Volume Commentary on the Whole Bible by the Faculty of Moody Bible Institute, eds. Michael Rydelnik and Michael Vanlaningham. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2014.
- “Study Notes on Daniel.” In the Holman Standard Study Bible, ed. Edwin A. Blum. Nashville: Broadman Holman, 2011.
- "Daniel." In The Quest Study Bible. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2011.
- "Preaching Historical Narrative." The Moody Handbook of Preaching, ed. John Koessler. Chicago: Moody, 2008.
- “The Messiah of the Hebrew Bible.” In The Apologetics Study Bible. Nashville: Broadman Holman, 2007.
- “Proclaiming Jesus from the Hebrew Bible: The Virgin Birth as Predicted in the Hebrew Scriptures.” In Proclaiming Jesus: Essays in Honor of Joseph M. Stowell, ed. Thomas Cornman. Chicago: Moody, 2007.
- “Ground Zero: The Centrality of Israel in Bible Prophecy.” In Prophecy Light of Today, ed. Charles H. Dyer. Moody, 2002.
- “Israel: The Linchpin in Biblical History and Prophecy.” In Storm Clouds on the Horizon, ed. Charles H. Dyer. Chicago: Moody, 2001.
- “Messianic Jewish Theological Education.” In Voices of Messianic Judaism, ed. Dan Cohn-Sherbok. Baltimore: Lederer Publications, 2001.
- “An Extended Review of Paul the Convert.” Mishkan. (1995)
- “His Blood Be Upon Us.” Mishkan. (1987)
- “Inner-Biblical Perspectives on Messianic Prophecy.” Mishkan. (Fall 1998)
- “Is The Gospel ‘To The Jew First’.” Chosen People Magazine. (January 1991)
- “Preaching in a Messianic Congregation.” Kesher. (Winter 1995-96)
- “The Problem of Mistaken Identity - Isaiah 52:13-53:12.” Chosen People Magazine
- “Using Intermarriage as a Jewish Evangelistic Strategy.” LCJE Bulletin. (1995)
- "Using Rabbinic Sources in Preaching and Teaching.” Kesher. (Fall 1997)
- “Was Paul Anti-Semitic? Re-visiting 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16.” Bibliotheca Sacra. (Winter 2008)
- “Who Are The Christ Killers?” Moody Monthly. (October 1985)
Research Interests: Messianic Prophecy, Use of the Old Testament in the New, The Relationship of the Law of Moses to the New Covenant Believer, The History of Jewish Christianity, Jewish Missions, and Jewish/Christian Relations, Zionism and Modern Israel, The Bible as Canonical Literature
Baseball, politics, literature, preaching, taking students to Israel, hiking and biking