- Academic Information
- Applied Linguistics Major
- BA in Biblical Language
- BA in Biblical Studies
- BA in Music (Music Ministry)
- Bible Secondary Education Major
- Biblical Exposition Major
- BMus in Music and Worship
- Children's Ministry Major
- Elementary Education Major
- Evangelism/Discipleship Major
- Five-Year B.A./M.A. in Pastoral Ministry
- Intercultural Ministries Major
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jewish Studies Major
- Ministry to Victims of Sexual Exploitation Major
- Ministry to Women Major
- Pastoral Ministry Major
- Pre-Counseling Major
- TESOL Major
- Urban Ministries Major
- Youth Ministry Major
- Spiritual Enrichment
- Student Life
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Campus Info
- Student Services
URBAN MINISTRIES MAJOR
Urban Ministries majors will be equipped and trained in the cultural and ministry skills necessary for various types of service in the multicultural urban context.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Bachelor of Arts in Urban Ministries program should be able to:
- Understand the nature and dynamics of city life and learn the skills necessary to function effectively.
- Appreciate the realities of race, culture, ethnicity and poverty and their impact upon urban life and ministry.
- Learn and articulate a biblical basis for sustainable and holistic urban ministry.
- Discover the principles for effective, long-term personal and organizational urban ministry.
- Explore a wide variety of urban ministries, including church planting, community development, child and youth ministry, social work, and homeless ministry.
- Construct a biblical, personal, and contextual philosophy of urban ministry and social justice using Chicago as a model.
Future Ministry Possibilities
Foreign missionary, home missionary, TESOL instructor, homeless ministry worker, relief worker, Christian organization employee, chaplain, church staff, church planter and international Christian school staff.