Learn to start, develop, and lead a Christian nonprofit organization
This new program will equip you to develop and lead nonprofit organizations. You will receive a comprehensive overview of the history, purpose, and theories of the nonprofit sector, while learning principles of ethical management. Get training for nonprofit fundraising and financial management, and gain insights about entrepreneurship and pressing social issues. Learn all this and more through the filter of God’s mission in the world at the local, national, and global level.
This program also includes a field internship where you will apply what you’ve been taught in class while obtaining valuable, real-world experience. We’ve designed this program to effectively prepare you for ministry in the nonprofit sector.
YOUR MISSIONAL LEADERSHIP STUDIES
As you study, you will:
- Acquire expertise regarding nonprofit business functions and dynamics in the United States.
- Develop skills to lead effective teams, recruit and manage diverse employees, and communicate key organizational information.
- Learn to manage the finances of nonprofit organizations, including fundraising and grant writing.
- Understand how to use market-focused, innovative approaches to address pressing social and environmental concerns.
- Gain knowledge to engage matters related to race and poverty through a Christian worldview.
Cultivate skills to disciple your employees, volunteers, and people in your community.
JOBS YOU CAN GET WITH A MISSIONAL LEADERSHIP DEGREE
When you graduate with a BA in Missional Leadership—Nonprofit Management, you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of jobs such as:
- Director of a nonprofit organization
- Nonprofit development executive
- Community organizer
- Community development worker
- Director/Pastor of Community Outreach in a local church or ministry
- Urban Missionary worker
- Missionary business manager
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $12,960 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.