You can learn biblical Greek and Hebrew
Your Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Languages from Moody Bible Institute helps you gain proficiency in biblical Greek and Hebrew. You’ll focus on how the Old and New Testaments fit together in context. Learn to produce accurate translations of biblical texts from their original language and get advanced training in biblical interpretation. At Moody you can study with experienced professors who invest in your future as you prepare to go wherever God takes you.
Your Biblical Languages Studies
As you study, you’ll:
- Critically engage with recent scholarly ideas
- Study how the Bible relates to life and ministry
- Get trained in the languages, literature, and contexts of the Old and New Testaments
- Become competent at textual criticism, exegetical methods, and biblical theology
Meet your Biblical Languages professors
Learn from experienced faculty mentors such as Dr. John Goodrich, professor of Bible and Biblical Languages, and Dr. Andrew Schmutzer, professor of Bible and winner of the 2018 Faculty Citation Award.
Jobs Available to You with a Biblical Languages Degree
With a BA in Biblical Languages, you’ll have the expertise and practical skills to work in a number of roles as you:
- Translate and interpret the original biblical texts
- Teach biblical languages in a Christian educational context
- Pursue higher education to instruct and mentor students as a professor
- Work with organizations devoted to ancient texts
For on-campus residential students, every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, sponsored by faithful donors. Every residential Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $12,960 a year. Off-campus commuter students pay $399 per credit hour. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.