BA in Biblical Preaching
You can learn to preach from any biblical text
When you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Preaching from Moody Bible Institute, you gain the ability to develop relevant messages based on God’s Word. Learn biblical exegesis and how to form your message to your audience. You'll study genres of biblical literature and learn to deliver sermons from them using different methods. Prepare for a future with preaching as the primary focus of your ministry.
Your Biblical Preaching Studies
As you study, you’ll:
- Learn to exegete a Bible passage in one of the biblical languages
- Develop a message from any literary genre in Scripture
- Analyze your audiences and form contextually relevant sermons
- Practice what you’re learning in your PCM and internship
- Deliver expository messages using engaging vocal dynamics, gestures, and movements
Meet your Biblical Preaching professors
Study with faculty who have years of practical and academic experience. Learn from Dr. Winfred Neely, program head and pastor. Take classes with Chris Rappazini, assistant professor of Biblical Preaching. You’ll also study with Dr. Laurie Norris, Dr. John Koessler, and Kerwin Rodriguez.
Jobs you can get with a Biblical Preaching degree
When you graduate with your BA in Biblical Preaching, you’ll have the practical skills for a wide variety of careers. You can:
- Preach in a church
- Teach others how to exposit Scripture
- Share the gospel effectively
- Serve in a ministry position
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.