Please note that over the next several weeks we will be making changes to Moody.edu to enhance your experience as you visit our site. As a result, the content on this page will be migrated onto the Academics section, and you may notice changes to the navigation menu during this time. Thank you for visiting our website!
Learn to execute Christian leadership skills in a variety of ministry environments and contexts
This new program will equip you for missional leadership and ministry through core classes and cross-discipline training. Your core training will prepare you to lead in a variety of culturally and economically diverse ministry environments. In addition, the program includes 16 credits of electives from Moody’s undergraduate Bible, theology, and ministry courses. Integrate knowledge and skills from other disciplines like urban ministries, evangelism, and discipleship into your study of missional leadership, tailoring the degree to match your own special ministry vision.
This program also includes a field internship where you will apply what you’ve been taught in class while obtaining valuable, real-world experience. We’ve designed this program to effectively prepare you to lead in any ministry setting.
YOUR MISSIONAL LEADERSHIP STUDIES
As you study, you will:
- Develop skills to lead effective teams and disciple your employees, volunteers, and people in your community
- Equip others to make disciples across various social-cultural, racial, and class boundaries
- Gain knowledge to engage matters related to race and poverty through a Christian worldview
- Integrate theological leadership in racially, culturally, and economically complex environments
- Discover principles for effective, long-term leadership in a variety of ministry settings, such as church planting, missions, social work, urban ministry and community development, evangelism and discipleship, and children’s and youth ministry
- Integrate knowledge and skills from another discipline into the practice of missional leadership
Meet Your Missional Leadership Professors
Learn from faculty such as Craig Hendrickson, program head of Missional Leadership. He’ll teach you from his years in nonprofit and church leadership and academic experience.
JOBS YOU CAN GET WITH AN MISSIONAL LEADERSHIP DEGREE
When you graduate with a BA in Missional Leadership—Interdisciplinary, you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of jobs such as:
- Executive pastor
- Church planter
- Pastor of Missions, Outreach, or Discipleship
- Urban Ministries or Parachurch leader
- Community development worker
- Business manager
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.